This recipe is for all of you potato chip lovers! When those salty, crunchy cravings hit you, try baking up a batch of these super easy, super healthy kale “chips.”
Kale is a great source of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, zinc and vitamins A, C, E and K. This recipe from Integrative Nutrition is a great way to get in lots of nutrients while satisfying your salty-snack urges. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 10 servings or more
1 to 2 bunches kale
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove clean kale leaves from stalks, leaving the greens in large
3. Place a little olive oil in a bowl, dip your fingers and rub a
very light coat of oil over the kale. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
4. Place kale on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until it
starts to turn a bit brown. Keep an eye on it as it can burn quickly.
5. Turn the kale over and bake with the other side up. Remove and
* Try different kinds of kale or collard greens.
* For added flavor, sprinkle with a spice such as
curry or cumin after rubbing on olive oil.